Posted By 0 Comment(s) 623 View(s) Recipes
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Rub the beef with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper, rub all over. Put the beef in a roasting tin in the hot oven for 15 minutes to brown.
- Place all the vegetables and thyme in the roasting tray around the meat and drizzle them with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Put the roasting tray back in the oven.
- Turn down the heat to 180°C and cook for about 11⁄2 hours for medium. Baste the meat halfway through cooking. If the vegetables look dry add a little water.
- If you want to make roast potatoes or other vegetables remember to do these while the beef is cooking.
- When the beef is cooked to your liking, remove the tray from the oven and transfer to a board, cover with tinfoil to rest for 15 minutes while you make gravy garnish any accompanying vegetables. Slice the beef and serve with a selection of the roasted vegetables.